Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP)
Register here: https://www.aacandautism.com/training
An AAC strategy for teaching language and communication using iPads and speech generating devices.
Cost $159.00, lunch included
.5 ASHA CEU's/5 contact hours
April 4th, 2018, 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Hampton Inn Burlington
42 Lower Mountain
Colchester, VT 05446
Language Acquisition Through Motor Planning (LAMP) is an augmentative alternative communication (AAC) approach designed to give individuals who are non-verbal or have limited verbal abilities a method of independently and spontaneously expressing themselves through the use of a voice output communication device. LAMP was initially developed to give non-verbal individuals with autism a means of communication but can be adapted to benefit individuals with a variety of disabilities. The components of LAMP address the features and vocabulary available on the device as well as the method of teaching communication while taking into account the individual’s sensory needs. Topics to be covered include:
- The 5 components of LAMP: readiness to learn, joint engagement, and pairing a unique and consistent motor plan with auditory output and a natural response.
- The role of motor learning in language development and AAC fluency
- Device features that support implementation
- Choosing and teaching vocabulary
- Introduction to the Words for Life AAC iPad app and vocabulary file for PRC devices
You may cancel up to two weeks prior to the workshop for a $35 cancellation fee. Within the two weeks prior to the workshop no refund will be available.